Policies + Guidelines
- Charlottesville Ballet Academy classes run from September 4, 2012 through May 31, 2013. If you wish to drop a class, please give a 30-day written notice.
- CBA uses e-mail as our primary form of communication. Please ensure that you included your email address on your CBA registration form.
- Placement of students is solely by discretion of CBA Director Sara Jansen Clayborne. The division of levels is based on age, strength, physical development and previous dance experience. Students are placed in the level where the artistic staff feels the student will benefit the most.
- Absences should be reported to the teacher prior to the missed class. Please call the studio at (434) 985-3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are urged to make up any classes that are missed in another age-appropriate class of the same level. Make-up classes must be completed within each quarter.
- CBA tuition is due quarterly on the following dates:
September 4 | November 1 | January 7 | April 8
- CBA accepts cash or check only, with checks made payable to “Charlottesville Ballet.” Please note that you will NOT receive an invoice each quarter. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if tuition is not paid within five days of the listed quarterly due date; any returned checks will carry a fee of $25.00.
- Parents of students in the Children’s Division are asked to remain in the lobby during class time.
- No students are permitted to leave the CBA building without prior parental consent.
- Students are expected to wear the appropriate uniform for each class:
-Children’s Division: ABT’s Short Sleeved Dance Dress in Candy Pink, pink ballet tights (optional), pink full-soled ballet shoes.
-Student’s Division: Black leotard, pink seamed convertible tights, pink full-soled ballet shoes.
-Open Division: Black leotard or form-fitting black shirt; black convertible tights, leggings, shorts, or jazz pants; pink full-soled ballet shoes or black jazz shoes, as is appropriate. Hip Hop students may wear sweat pants, form-fitting t-shirts, and clean sneakers (not to be worn outdoors).
-Boys: White T-shirt, Black shorts, white socks, black full-soled ballet shoes.
NOTE: Hair is to be secured in a bun for all ballet classes; for all other classes, hair should be pulled back and secured above the neck. No jewelry is permitted in class; only small stud earrings may be worn.
- Students are not permitted outside of the CBA building without street shoes on and clothes over dancewear
- CBA’s Spring Performance will take place on Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 3:30pm in the V. Earl Dickinson Building at PVCC. All students will be expected to participate. Please note that a small ticket price will apply.
- Students will be billed a $25 costume rental fee for each class at CBA. This costume rental fee is due on November 1st, 2011 and will be used towards the student’s costumes in the CBA final performance in June.
- In the case of inclement weather, CBA will post a message on our answering machine, as well as email all parents.
If you have any questions about CBA policies, please contact CBA Director Sara Jansen Clayborne: email@example.com.